While you might enjoy curling up on the couch with a great book on your Kindle, there may be times when you don’t have your device handy or you simply want to read while using your PC.
Thankfully, Amazon has offered two different but equally convenient options for reading your Kindle books from the comfort of your computer: the Kindle for PC app and the Kindle Cloud Reader.
The Kindle for PC app is free software that you download and install to your computer like any other program, allowing you to use your Amazon account to sync your Kindle books on any device with the Kindle app installed (or on an actual Kindle).
Meanwhile, the Kindle Cloud Reader allows you to access all of your Kindle books via your web browser without the need to download software.
So, here I will provide you how to read Kindle books on your Windows or Mac PC/Laptop. Just follow those simple steps from below:
App info of Kindle For PC
|App Name||Kindle For PC|
|Category||Books & Reference|
|Operating Systems||- Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, or 10|
- Mac OS x 10.10 or higher
How to Download and Install Kindle For PC?
- First Download Kindle For PC .exe file from the below button:
Go to www.amazon.com/kindleapps. Click on “Download for PC & Mac” and your download will automatically begin.
- Once the download is complete, open the downloaded KindleForPC installer .exe with double click on it. [It will usually be in your Downloads folder] And follow the on-screen installation instructions.
- Open the Kindle for PC app when successfully installed.
- Enter your Amazon account information and sign in.
Fill in your Amazon login information.
- Once signed in, your Kindle library will appear. Double click on any title to read the book on your PC.
Supported Operating Systems:
- PC: Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, or 10.
- Mac: OS x 10.10 or higher
Note: If your operating system isn’t supported, use Kindle Cloud Reader.
How to read Kindle books on a PC using Kindle Cloud Reader?
- Visit the Kindle Cloud Reader homepage in a web browser and sign into your account if you haven’t already.
- Once signed in, your Kindle library will appear. Double click on the book you want to read and it will open on your screen.