What is Telegram Web?
Telegram is a cloud based instant messaging app with end-to-end encryption for secret chat. Telegram is a Russian based app which is available in Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows, macOS and Linux. Users can send messages and exchange photos, videos, stickers, audio and files of any type. Telegram application runs on Mobile Phones with internet connection but is also accessible from desktop computers with Telegram Web feature.
Telegram Web feature allows us to send and receive Telegram messages online on our Desktop PC or Tablet. Telegram Web is the browser-based PC version of Telegram messenger. It is not a different account but the same account on a web browser and you are simply accessing the same account on different electronic devices.
Telegram Web version has the same functionalities as the mobile phone and you can instantly send and receive messages faster than the mobile version. As both Telegram accounts are synced you can see the messages on both of the devices. Any message that you send via Telegram Web will also be available on Telegram mobile app. Telegram Web is available for almost all of Android and iOS Smartphones.
How to use Telegram Web on Desktop/Tablet?
To get started with Telegram Web on Desktop/Tablet, follow the guidelines below:
- First, from your web browser (Chrome, Safari, or Firefox is recommended) on your desktop or laptop, go to the Telegram website.
- A page will appear asking you to enter your registered mobile phone number. Select your country and then type in your registered mobile number and click on Next.
- A popup box will appear asking you if the entered number is correct, click on Ok.
- A unique 5-digit code will be sent to your registered mobile number. You will also receive the same code to your Telegram app installed on your phone.
- Enter the login code in the given empty field.
- Telegram will verify the code and after verification, you will be now logged in into your Telegram Web account and all the messages will sync across the registered devices.
How to Logout from Telegram Web?
To logout from your Telegram Web Account, follow these steps:
- Click on the three-bar icon “☰” at the top-left side of your desktop’s screen..
- Now, go to Settings and press Log Out.
- You will get logged out of your Telegram Web Account instantly.
Alternatively, you can also log out from your mobile device by going to Settings and Terminate All Other Sessions. This will end all the other active sessions of your account and you will be logged out from everywhere except for the device on which you’re using Telegram.
How to use Telegram Web using this Chrome Extension?
- Install Telegram Web Chrome Extension from below button.
- Click “Add to Chrome” to add the extension to your browser.
- After the extension finishes installing, click the “puzzle button” in the top right corner and the Pin button to add “Telegram Web” to your toolbar.
- Now, click on the “Telegram” icon, and click the “Telegram Web” button.
- Then, sign in your Telegram account
Mobile or Web: Which should you use?
Telegram Web will come in handy while you are at work. From your computer, you can toggle quickly between your office work and texting. With this, you cut out distractions as you no longer need to pick your phone from your desk every time you get a beep.
But here’s the thing, using the web feature has its limitations. You don’t get to enjoy certain features available to you on the mobile app. Features like Telegram calls and the secret chat feature. Also, you can not invite friends or create new channels via Telegram web.
How is Telegram better than Whatsapp?
1. Unlimited data storage
Telegram provides unlimited storage, which means all your text messages, images, media files & documents present in your Telegram account will be saved on their cloud. You can log out and log in any number of times from any number of devices simultaneously without losing any data, you don’t need to worry about backing up the date and restoring it. One can view the active sessions and check which devices are logged in now. Thereby you can download any file at any time from any number of devices..
2. Optional Media compression
Telegram users can choose whether to compress the image and video before sending or to send the uncompressed version directly.
3. Group capacity
A regular group capacity of a Telegram group is 200 members. However, when this is reached the Group transforms to a Super Group with a capacity of 5000. (A Super Group has extra features)
4. Username feature
Unlike WhatsApp You can communicate with anyone on telegram even if you don’t have the contact number. you can add them with their username ensuring the privacy of your contact number.
A channel is similar to groups and can accommodate unlimited members. The creator of the channel can adjust the privacy setting of the channel. channels are generally used for broadcast messaging service.
6 Multi-platform support
Telegram is available for Android, IOS, Windows phone, Windows pc, Mac OS, Linux OS and is supported with all browsers.
7. Secret chat
Secret chat is a special end-to-end encrypted feature of Telegram in which one can set a self-destruct timer to chats. The messages will be automatically deleted when the timer hits the mark. It is the most secured feature of all Messaging apps.
8. Voice calls
The latest version of telegram supports voice calls similar to WhatsApp.
9. Sends any kind of file
Telegram users can send any kind of file through Telegram without limitations unlike WhatsApp which is limited to video files, images & document type files which can irk advanced users.
10. Multiple sessions
Telegram users can log in on multiple devices at the same time and will receive messages on all devices.